Friday, February 26, 2010
Doctor Appt Update
So I had my 2nd OB appt yesterday. It went pretty well. I found out some more stuff but for the most part it was a quick appt and not too eventful. My doctor measured my pelvis and used the doppler to listen to the heartbeats which he said was really hard to do with twins because its hard to distinguish the two heartbeats. He found what I think was baby A's hb and then mine LOL and then possibly baby B's hb but he said its just hard to say for sure that we aren't hearing the first one's hb again but not to worry. So I won't. Then we talked about a few other things like my next OB appt will be in 4 weeks and they will do a blood test to test for some abnormalities like neural tubular defect, etc. Then he also put in an order to do the 4 quad check of the babies hearts and at that time we can find out the sexes so that will be in approximately 7 weeks. I can't wait to see the babies again and to find out what we're having!! :) He also sort of changed my due date to my 38 wk mark so I guess I will consider August 23, 2010 my due date... He said we won't let twin mommies go past 38 weeks so if you get to 38 wks we'll enduce your labor. He also said unless I already had a c-section they would hope for a natural birth. He said if both babies heads are down we'll go natural. If baby A(first baby) is head down but baby B is not they could either do natural and attempt to turn baby B or I could choose to do c-section which I will definitely opt for. I don't want baby B to go through that kind of stress. He said definitely if Baby A is not heads down or both babies are not heads down we'll do a c-section. I guess I am okay with the plan. I would really like to do natural birth but I don't want my babies to be in any risk by not doing c-section either. I will have to do more research but I know God will take care of us and maybe I will just let it be up to Him :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Great news!! I was in front of my twin brother and so my mother's doctor only heard 1 hb the whole time. She did not know she was having twins until she had us. Crazy huh?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good plan.
That IS crazy! I've heard that a few times. My mom has said to me a couple times are you a little scared there could be another hiding behind? I was like no I think technology is getting better these days so I hope we are just having the two :) What a wonderful surprise for your mom and dad!
ReplyDeleteGlad the appt went went!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo for 2nd Tri! :)