Well I am having one of those days where it's only 9 a.m. and I am thinking I never should have gotten out of bed! First I am on my way into work walking across the parking lot from my car and I am just about to step off the parking lot onto the long sidewalk that heads to the entrance of the building and bam!!! I hit this lovely invisible sheet of ice and fly up in the air, one shoe goes flying into the snow bank on the other side of the sidewalk, I fall on my back (which has my backpack on it WITH... my laptop in it!!!) and my purse dumps out all over the sidewalk. Luckily I am just a little whiplashed no real damage and my backpack and purse seem to have braced my fall for the most part. I had two kind ladies witness the entire thing which was just fabulous! Well I guess if I really have issues, say tomorrow, I can still file a report with witnesses so maybe that's a good thing despite my mortification. I was in a hurry this morning and since I was going to wear some pumps (very short heels) I decided I didn't need dress socks so they help me up and I hop over with a bare foot to my shoe that is conveniently filled with snow all the way to the brim! I try my best to get it all out but its like powder so I end up putting on an ice cold, slightly snow filled shoe. Then I get up to my office with a very cold and wet foot, only to find that my laptop battery is cracked! OOPS! Good thing that's the most of the damage and that I am okay and my babies are fine. Could have been a lot worse!
So then about 5 minutes ago I almost pulled another pregnant moment and keep in mind, my boss and all but 3 co-worker/friends have NO clue I am pregnant (well at least that's what I am telling myself :)). Last week I accidently saved a file over another file (that was not mine) that had taken a whole year to produce and no one had back up! OMG! OOPS! Well IT was able to recover it but I had to admit that I did such a stupid stupid thing and I couldn't even use the pg card because like I mentioned no one knows yet! So anyhow I just got this email from a customer that was really rude. I was actually cc'd on it as he sent it to our meeting planner. Well I thought I would say something to her (the meeting planner) about it so I hit reply and say "WOW this guy is BOSSY!" and just as I am about to hit send I realize OMG I hit reply not FWD and this was just about to go straight to the customer! I would have been canned, I am sure, had I done that. So I immediately erased it and decided never to send something like that again, no matter what. I will just mention it to her in passing! Good grief is this day over yet because I need to get back in bed???!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


LMAO girl!! I mean not about the fall...that sucks. I am so glad you & the little ones are alright. But I can't tell you how many times I have almost sent a rude email to the wrong person. Email is very dangerous!!
ReplyDeleteHope your day gets way better!! ((((HUGS)))) Jen
Did you call the DR to be sure nothing happened to the babies? This has me worried! But I'm here and glad you are fine after that fall. Try to get that preggo brain in order! LOL
ReplyDeleteOh gosh I'm so sorry about your bad day and that IS a bad day. Did you go to the doctor?
ReplyDeleteThat sucks about your shoe filled with snow.
I hope your weekend is a great one to make up for the shitty day.
Thanks ladies! I guess when you start your day off like that it only gets better. Not too eventful after that but that's really a good thing :) No I didn't call the doctor but I really am fine. I had this big puffy down vest on and my back pack not to mention the way I fell was kinda like taking a slip and slide feet first with a ton of padding to catch my fall. Thanks for all your concern. If I had fallen harder I definitely would have went to the doctor.
ReplyDeleteI'm agreeing with Misty about seeing a dr. Please do, even if it's just to reassure us that it's all ok!
ReplyDeleteLOL about the "near e-mail". Yikes though! If you're this bad already, I guess I should warn you to NEVER trust a 'mute' button either. I've only had people hear me sneeze, but I've heard some stories...