Monday, February 15, 2010

Today's reflections

So I sit here thinking how crazy it is that I am already 11 weeks pregnant and in just 2 weeks, everyone will know we're pregnant and that we're pregnant with twins!!! Such a wonderful blessing or should I say blessingS from God. We prayed and prayed for a miracle and He finally gave us more than we ever could have hoped for. He gave us two beautiful miracles! It just seems so unreal that next year at this time we will have a full house :) Our babies will likely be crawling around by this time next year and to think last year at this time, I was almost coming to terms with possibly never being able to conceive our own children and contemplating doing IUI or IVF and whether or not we could afford to do either. I have so much to be thankful for and so much hope for anyone struggling with IF. A part of me thinks I should be very open with my IF struggles and my success with IVF with my non-IF friends/family but I still feel like its such a personal issue that only an IFer can truely understand so I guess you can say I am afraid to put myself out there. Which is so sad because there are others like me that can benefit from knowing my struggle if only they knew I was like them. I have two weeks to think about it, I guess. Its hard with twins, I think. I mean, my dad's siblings are actually twins so I guess I can use that card and my mother's cousin had twins and my dh's mother's cousins are twins so its not like it couldn't be hereditary and all but my dh's second cousins are fraternal twins but it just seems like people will assume you did some sort of IF treatment to end up with multiples. I guess that's just my paranoid thinking. I mean would I know that if I hadn't went through IF?

5 comments:

  1. I think it is so exciting that you are having twins!! I WISH I was having twins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog! :)

    If anyone in your family knows the difference in types of twins, they may suspect. But you don't really have to clue them in if you don't want to. Esp if twins run in the fam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marie, this is Run Jessica from web md. Thanks for posting your link. I am so excited for you having twins!!! You and DH must be so excited!!! I hope I am not too far behind you.

    I know what you mean about telling non-IF people. I am not sure what I would do either. You have to do what you feel comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks E! I can hardly believe it myself. I mean I had a feeling but I just didn't really think we could be so lucky...

    Steph! So glad you found me! I was trying to figure out your blog but I have it at work so I will add you soon. Not sure on how else to do it, still kind of a blog newbie even though I had one for a short while before. Yeah I think I will just have to see what happens. Our babies are fraternal and my uncle and aunt are fraternal as well as my second cousins so its not like the family can't draw genetic conclusions on their own :)

    Jessica glad to hear from you! I am praying you are right behind me too! I hope your ER goes well tomorrow and before you know it you'll be getting a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great website JJMarie and I love this first blog. Very honest and sincere. Of course I can relate to wanting to educate everyone yet being afraid to do so. Funny you mention that about twins because I have often thought that I would never have known about the twin thing unless I went through IF. PGinSJ

    ReplyDelete