Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I've been MIA :(

Sorry all! Seems like life is flying by but in a good way :) I've been working on my registries and boy does it make me feel like I know absolutely nothing! Oh well, I guess I will just roll with it. It is fun but also overwhelming. We got our cribs and a changing table/dresser last weekend so that was fun and kind of a relief. I knew it was going to be a huge expense and I really wanted to get them sooner than later to sort of get the big purchase out of the way. We finally decided on white. I wanted to go with cherry since our woodwork in our house is cherry but it was so expensive and difficult to match. In the end I am glad we went with white. Its a nice contrast to the cherry and bright and baby like oh and I think it will make the nursery look bigger than it is. We went with the 4 in 1 so the babies are set now until they move out, we'll we will have to buy full size mattresses but that's it. So the cribs start as cribs then make into toddler beds with a rail to day beds to full size beds. I am glad to have that done and now I have joined a local group mom's of multiples and they are having a big sale of gently used baby stuff April 10 so I am excited to see if I can find some other big items like a stroller and car seats, etc. So much to do and buy and so little time. Or so it seems.

I have dh working on a small remodel of our kitchen. It needs to be completely re-done but for now we are painting all our cabinets white and painting the counter tops with this cool stuff that makes them look like black granite. Its taking longer than I thought it would. I didn't think about having to pull everything out of every drawer and cabinet. I feel bad because I am not supposed to paint so I am virtually helpless on this process. Well aside from being able to put all the stuff back.

I am feeling much better. 15 weeks and 2 days already and about 4 1/2 weeks until we get to see the babies again and hopefully find out what each of their sexes are :) I am really hoping that will give me a little more clarity on picking names. Right now I just have NO IDEA or I think I might know then I am like I don't know. Ugh! Its such a huge commitment and I can't figure out if I like the popular names or traditional names or religious names or whatever. I think I like them all and that's the problem, narrowing it down to the perfect names... might not happen until the babies are here at this rate!

I've been talking to the babies. My twin book said to talk to the babies now and to tell them what I am doing and to read out loud if I am reading, etc. I guess the more you talk to your babies the better communicators they will be. I think its silly and fun. I talk to them a lot and rub them. I am in love!

Well I hope everyone is having a safe and happy St. Patty's Day :)

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to get the main furniture out of the way!!

    I hope you find some awesome deals in the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time we heard from you! When are you going to post some pics of that growing belly! Sounds like you made a right choice on the bedding, it really will save you some time in the long run. I can't believe you are remodeling your kitchen LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you! Nice to know you are all doing well. :)

    I'm totally into "gently used" for myself & will be for my children. But the one I'd like to caution you on (if you'll allow some unsolicited advice) is car seats. Over time, the plastic can get "weak spots" from going from hot to cold over the seasons. Also, if a car seat has ever been in an accident, it should be replaced. Many times, the weak spots are not detected until they need to be strong & snap instead (ie: accident).

    My info is somewhat older, what my mom was told by an ins agent about 8yrs ago. So maybe they're making them differently, but I know how hard you've worked to get these babies! :)

    ReplyDelete