Monday, March 1, 2010

The world knows!!!

Well we finally told the rest of our families over the weekend and then I made an announcement on FB. Its really nice to finally be able to share our wonderful news with everyone but yet its a little overwhelming too. So here's how we told my mom's family (siblings and their children/my cousins, etc). My sister made me a very cute shirt that said on the front "I'm Pregnant..." and then on the back it said "with Twins!!!" and had two cute little babies (one on each side of the words). So anyhow, every winter for the past probably 5 years or so we've been celebrating all the kids' winter birthdays by renting a room at a local ski resort and having a ski/snowboarding day. Those that don't ski hang out in the room we rented in the shleigh. I of course couldn't ski this year so I was just hanging in the room and when people either arrived or came in from skiing/snowboarding they would double take on my shirt and congrats me, etc. It was fun to see everyone's reactions and it was really nice that I got to see almost all their reactions individually with the way it all worked out. I called my dad's siblings (my aunts/uncles) on Friday night. Told my mom's family Saturday and let dh's mom spread the news with her family whenever she wanted over the weekend. Sunday I made the FB announcement which was a bit difficult to do since I know what it feels like to see someone "pregnant" on FB when your struggling with IF can sometimes feel like a knife to the heart. I wish I wasn't a closet IFer and I could say "never lose hope, miracles do happen" but I am not strong enough and that's very unfortunate. Of course if I know someone is struggling with IF I will talk with them about it but just like me they usually aren't making it public knowledge either. I told work last week and my boss was very happy for me so that was a huge relief! She even gave me a hug! My belly is really showing now so I am glad I got that over with! Today is 13wks! I can't believe how fast it is going and how much better I am feeling each day! I hope its smooth sailing from here out, at least for the majority of the remainder of my pregnancy :) Its all worth it though I wouldn't trade it for the world.

2 comments:

  1. congrats girl! Great idea about the shirt, that way you don't just start up convo out of the blue about your PG. Wahoo for 2nd tri!

    ReplyDelete