Wednesday, April 28, 2010

nesting

So the kitchen project is slowly but surely coming together. The cabinets are all painted white, the countertops are all re-done and now dh is framing in the window. Next we have to do the back splash, fix a couple floor tiles, replace the light over the sink, and paint! We really don't have to paint the entire kitchen but I feel like with the new counter tops we need to do a different wall color. Then the new fridge arrives on May 7 and our new microwave/range top should be here and ready to install on May 9th. I am so excited to finally have all matching appliances and our kitchen done! We really just needed the fridge and microwave to complete our stainless steel appliance look oh and a range hood but I was able to kill two birds with one stone getting the microwave with a built in range hood. I am mostly excited for the fridge to arrive! I just ordered it today. Its 1 door (kind of wanted the double door but saved a ton not getting it) but it does have the bottom freezer that dh and I wanted and an ice maker!! No more empty ice trays! YAY! It will also be nice to have the 2nd fridge for in the basement to have extra fridge/freezer space.

Next on my honey do list is finishing the basement. I know I am crazy! I don't even know where we will come up with all the money to make all this happen but I really want these things done and the basement is almost there really it is. We just need to do an egress window in the 4th bedroom, sheet rock, tape and paint. Also want to build a storage closet where we have a roughed in bar. Dh and I decided to ax the bar since he is now a recovering alcoholic so we just don't have a need for a bar anymore. Anyhow it will be great to have more storage space. Then once the storage closet and 4th bedroom are done, we just need to carpet the entire basement. That will be the biggest expense. I want to get the basement done though so we can move the guest room upstairs downstairs and turn the guestroom upstairs into the nursery! Plus I have a feeling we will have some guests staying with us after the baby girls arrive and really want them to have a comfortable place for them to stay. Hopefully not too comfortable that they don't leave LOL but I know my mom and sister will be a ton of help and I just want them to be comfortable too. Plus then the basement is done and we don't have to tackle it when the girls are crawling around, etc.

These are just goals or at least that's what I should be telling myself, realistically I have to keep in mind dh is only one guy who maybe able to do anything well almost anything, but this is a lot to throw on his plate knowing that I really can't do any of the work to help him. So as you can see my nesting is a bit ambitious and possibly unrealiztic but it is what it is. It's crazy, I just feel like things need to be done before our babies arrive. The hardest part is knowing the nursery is kind of bumped to the end of the list because of the order things have to take place. Just wish there was more I could do to help him. He's doing a great job trying to make things happen though and I am so lucky and happy for that. Anyhow, there's never a dull moment at our house these days. So much to do, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment