Friday, April 2, 2010

Catch up in a nutshell

Okay ladies! I am horrible! I have been missing agin for 2 weeks! So here we go what's been up with me and the babies :)

Well dh is still working on the kitchen remodel. I am hoping he will finally be done with resurfacing the cabinets tomorrow or Monday at the latest (since Sunday is out). Then we just have the countertops which hopefully he can finish next weekend. Man does it BITE not having a kitchen. We've been spending tons of money on eating out and ordering in or I am grilling. Its challenging to say the least.

3/24 was a busy day, I had my 16 week doctor appt. It was short and sweet. I gained 14lbs so far but she said that was good. I also got to hear the babies heartbeats which were 144 and 130. The nurse said she's guessing girl and boy based on their heartrates but also that she was basing that on an old wives tale so we'll just have to wait and see. She also measured my belly and said I was measuring right on.

Then I took our truck into the shop to see what was making it squeal loudly all the time. Turned out to be a belt tensioner and would have been a $255 job but fortunately dh was able to fix it last weekend and it cost us about $50 instead and took him like 20 minutes to do it and voila no more squealing!

Also 3/24 was the very last day for my faith formation class. My mom and I have been teaching this same group of kids faith formation for 4 years! They are all going to be confirmed finally on 4/25. It was a great experience and hopefully we really helped the kids grow in their faith :) My brother and cousin were both in our group (we had 12 kids) and we taught them from 7th grade thru 10th grade so we really got to see them grow as young adults and in their faith. It is very nice though to finally close that chapter of the book too.

What else? Work is crazy busy as usual. I am finally in the 2nd tri and no longer naseaus all the time so that's great and I am feeling the babies! Just some flutters, popcorn like movement and some tapping like things but its amazing. Today they have been super active. I love it!!

It's Good Friday! We should be going to mass but we're not. We'll go on Easter though. Busy weekend ahead, tonight just taking it easy but tomorrow dh will be working on the kitchen. I have my regular alanon meeting tomorrow morning then I am meeting up with my sister, who is home from college, for lunch and maybe some shopping. Then I need to get home and get gathering our tax stuff so we can get our taxes done. BOY do I hate tax time. The government always screws us over. Poor dh works his a$$ off being a small business owner and we always get a slap in the face of reality come tax time. I hope I have a enough money squandered away so we don't have to owe the IRS like usual. Anyhow, back to the weekend plans. Sunday, Easter, we will go to church, then to my parents for brunch with my parents, siblings and grandma and then later head over to dh's parents for dinner with his parents and grandma.

Only 17 days until the BIG u/s! I can't wait :) I will try to get more regular with posting, things have just been crazy busy I guess. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Lame I did spell check but I see that it didn't update. Oops!

    ReplyDelete